Good afternoon, lovelies! If you clicked on this post, it’s likely that you are planning ahead for your next journey.. Or maybe you are sitting in the airport hoping it’s not to late 😉 Either way, the airport shops probably have everything on this list, so you should be set no matter how prepared you are feeling. I’ll keep this one short, since our Jet Lag post was a little long… which I just find kinda funny considering the topic.
What to Bring
- Travel Pillow and Blanket: Most long flights offer these, but having your own is nice too, just in case. If they give you a little travel pillow on the plane, tuck it behind your lower back at the beginning of the flight to support your back during flight.
- Cosmetic Bag: Face wipes, Face wash, Face lotion, Toner Spray, Comb, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer, Hand lotion, Eye Drops, Lip Balm.
- Laptop/Headphones/Tablet: Stock these up with movies that are pre-downloaded. Also, bring necessary chargers for everything.
- Water Bottle: I always grab a Giant Water Bottle in the airport before a flight. They offer water on the plane, but by having my own, I know I’ll be set and not have to rely on the flight staff.
- Health Bag: Tea bags, cough drops, Vitamin C packs, Echinacea, Tylenol/IBU/Etc., Allergy medicine, anything you normally take, and a probiotic (Culturel is my go-to).
- Quick Change: You never know what could happen between taking off and landing, so I always recommend to pack an extra outfit just in case. It can be something as simple as leggings and a tunic. I hear Lularoe has some pretty great options for those.
It seems like a lot, but trust me.. this is the short list 😉 I can honestly say that I always use all of these items on a flight. When I am missing one of them, I definitely feel it!
What to Leave
- Books: This took me a while to figure out. Being a bookworm, I used to travel with 2-3 books in my carry-on depending on how long the flight. I kid you not, it’s 2017, and I just started using the kindle app. Also, I’ve replaced a lot of my reading time by listening to podcasts, but that’s a whole other post.
- Too Many Electronics: We have the iPad, the iPhone, the Laptop, the Kindle, and I’m sure there are more thatbim forgetting… pick and choose. You don’t need them all 🙂 The phone is a must have, but choose between the laptop and tablet. One or he other. It will definitely lessen the load.
- The Kitchen Sink: You know the joke – She packed everything but the kitchen sink… Well, some of us even pack that. Just leave it! If you can get it in the airport or at your final destination, that might be a good idea. Especially if it’s something disposable or easily replaceable.
That’s all for now! If you have any tips on travel essentials, please share in the comments!
– the Wife