Hey friends! Today, I’m excited to share our Berry Poppyseed Chicken Salad recipe with you! The hubs and I were in the mood for a healthy dinner recently, so I went to the store and just started pulling things that seemed good in a salad, and wha-bam! There are tons of variations of this online, so check those out later for a more Pro-Style Recipe. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy our version!
Berry Poppyseed Chicken Salad
- 1 cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (or craisens)
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/8 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 sliced strawberries
- 2 tbsp. Poppyseed dressing
- 1 tbsp. Raspberry vinaigrette dressing
Honestly, just use however much you want for each item. If you LOVE strawberries are only like almonds, feel free to adjust! This is just a balanced suggestion. I don’t always take time to measure everything out. Just “eyeball it” as granny says 😉
- Cook your chicken all the way through. You can bake, grill, fry, etc. This is totally up to you, but be sure to have this done before starting the rest of the salad preparations because it takes the longest.
- Rinse your spinach under room temperature water. Usually, I’ll just put the spinach leaves in a little colander and rinse over it. After this, you can shake the colander to release any excess water from the spinach leaves. Then, spread your spinach over your plates making sure to evenly distribute.
- Place your toppings evenly distributed so that every bite has an equal amount of goodness! This includes your berries (cranberries/strawberries), your almonds, your cheese crumbles (feta/blue), and your dressings (poppyseed and raspberry vinaigrette).
- Slice, chop or shred your chicken, and add it to the top to complete your salad! We usually just slice the chicken, but feel free to prepare it however you like.
This dish is super easy, and it was a lot of fun for us to make together. We LOVE all of the ingredients, so it was hard not adding too much of everything! A few options you can consider include switching out the nuts for walnuts or pecans, or you could change the berries out for blackberries and blue berries. Also, the hubs adds blue cheese dressing to really get the full flavor! Try it out, and let us know what you think in the comments below!
– the Wife