Good morning, ya’ll!
Have you ever had one of those breakfast casseroles with the eggs, sausage and cheese that they bake in a glass bakeware pan? The kind that just warms your soul and soothes all of life’s problems?? My mother always makes those for holidays: Christmas morning, Thanksgiving morning, etc. Growing up, she would even make them for dinner sometimes as a Breakfast for Dinner night. Well, I’ve been given her blessing and granted permission to share her breakfast casserole recipe with ya’ll today!
Momma’s Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb. Browned Sausage
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. Mustard Powder (optional)
- 4 slices of Bread
- Layer bread, then layer browned sausage and cheese in baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour mixture over bread.
- Cover and let set for at least 8 hours.
- Bake at 350F uncovered for 45 minutes.
From our kitchen to yours, we hope you enjoy this delicious casserole with your special loved ones! Check out the photo below to see Momma’s original recipe card. This dish has been a family favorite for years!
– the Wife
*The Original Recipe Card*