Yes…. this is going exactly where you think it is going….
Every couple of months, we have a new phrase or saying that becomes popular. One of many current popular phrases today is “I can’t even.” This is a harmless, cute little sentence that enables us to indulge in our over-sensitive and super dramatic lives. I’m guilty. I’ve said it. Maybe, you have even casually said it before, no big deal. We’re not going to deal why we should eliminate this sentence from our vocabulary today. Instead, we are going to focus on the things We Can Even do today.
I CAN EVEN:
- Be on time for my appointments and meetings today.
- Put in the effort to look the part of whatever role I am playing today.
- Deal with the drama that life is throwing at me today.
- Bother with caring for other people’s problems today.
- Give them my full attention today.
- Take care of what needs to be done around the house today.
- Wait my turn today.
- Take 5 minutes to myself to gather my thoughts today.
- Stand up and be proud of the person I am today.
- Voice my opinions without hurting others today.
- Communicate my thoughts gracefully and purposefully today.
- Be who I am without fear of judgement today.
- Meet the deadlines set before me today.
- Complete the tasks that I have committed to finishing today.
- Show restraint if necessary today.
- Be the change in the world that I want to see today.
- Make someone smile for no reason today.
- Have a good day, regardless of my circumstances today.
- Deal with the consequences of yesterday’s decisions, today.
- Be nice to people today.
Yes, sometimes, we just can’t even. But most of the time, we can.
Let today be a day of “Can evens” instead of a day of “Can’t evens”. Maybe you can do more than you realize. Don’t let a little phrase keep you from living up to your full potential. You can.