Maybe it’s a lazy Saturday or a daily boredom that you experience. Here’s a list of 20 ideas to fill your unused time, instead of binge-watching Netflix or killing it at those IPhone games 🙂
- Purge your closet. Pull out anything that you aren’t going to wear and bag it up for donations.
- Google – “Outreach Opportunity in (insert your city)” and go with it.
- Join a small group. If you’re in church, they have great resources.
- Volunteer in a local soup kitchen.
- If you’re dedicated to your couch, watch the news or something current/live.
- Pick up a book. (or listen to an eBook)
- Jump on Pinterest for a work out idea (Don’t get sucked in!), and then try out a routine.
- Research a cause or topic you are interested in learning.
- Visit a local children’s hospital and donate some gifts.
- Go for a walk, outside, and just be nice to people.
- Meet someone for coffee, and talk about life with them. Encourage them.
- Go through your Contacts list on your phone and call your family. Tell them that you love them, and see where the conversation goes.
- Bake something to share at work the next day. (Only if you like baking 🙂 This list isn’t supposed to add chores to your life.)
- If you’re religious, read your Bible. It’s a great way to learn and develop your ideas and understanding about what you believe.
- Pick up a pen and journal. Write about the things you don’t talk about.
- Write a thank you card to someone who has recently helped you.
- Get a stack of “Encouragement Cards,” write in them, and send them out.
- Leave positive reviews on companies that you enjoy working with or shopping with.
- Join a hobby group. It could be fitness related, something in the arts, a choir, etc.
- Practice a trade that you enjoy. Once you are good at it, then find ways to use that trade to help others.
**One bonus idea: If you’ve got your heart set on playing IPhone games, then play one that challenges and expands your mind. PEAK encourages learning through a series of games. Don’t waste your time when you could be using it wisely.
Free time is great until you get bored. Boredom can lead to laziness which, after a while, makes you feel awful. The next time you have free time, consider something on this list. Don’t let your free time turn you into couch potato or anti-social member of society. Get out there and do something. Part of our society today is putting a good focus on making differences and positive changes. Use this list to help you find that positive impact that you could be making in your spare, unused time.